Jeremiah Boucher, Patriot Holdings CEO, was interviewed for The Real Estate Syndication Show
Listen to the full episode here.
See it on YouTube here.
Does cold calling work? As consumers have moved toward independent web-based research and online purchases and away from talking with salespeople, we doubt the value of using the phone in reaching out to prospective real estate clients. With new marketing and sales strategies available today, can you still effectively pitch your products and services using your phone? Our guest today, Jeremiah Boucher, founder, and CEO of Patriot Holdings, answers this question with a resounding yes.
Jeremiah got his start in the RE industry cold calling to source deals. And after 15 plus years of prospecting and calling, his company is still using phones, among other strategies, to call prospective clients and nurture good relationships. In this episode, he talks about his journey from his humble beginnings as a college dropout to building his multimillion-dollar portfolio in commercial real estate. Listen now and learn crucial lessons that can help you find your edge and build your own real estate business.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Jeremiah got his start in real estate after quitting college at 20
- His initial struggles in the business were door-knocking and cold calling to source deals for partners.
- What drove Jeremiah to persevere in the business despite the difficulties?
- Finding a mentor-partner who helped him gain confidence and expertise.
- How he expanded into manufactured housing and today continues to build a portfolio of self-storage assets.
- How Jeremiah sources deals in the current market
- How he nurtures leads to relationships that convert to deals and partnerships
- Jeremiah talks about his book, “Finding Your Edge”, his motivation for writing it, and how it can help RE entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Jeremiah’s best source of new investors now and the most important metrics that he tracks
- Daily habits that contributed to Jeremiah’s success
- Jeremiah’s way of giving back and his contact details.
Quote from Jeremiah Boucher, Patriot Holdings CEO.
"It's always a relationship game at the end of the day."
“I smiled and dialed. I really hit the phones hard for a good decade. I dialed for years and years and built up, sourced 90 deals.”
“It’s always a relationship game at the end of the day.”
“Real estate is not just location. It’s timing. It’s being at the right place at the right time in front of that person.”
“Even in an unsuccessful deal, I learned so much that I was able to bring into another deal and build another relationship from that.”
“The connection is not driven through tech or some checkbox of achieving a task. It’s really getting out there and making the contact and connecting with that person.”
“Just keep in contact with people on your list, day by day, month by month. Consistency is key.”