Jeremiah Boucher (Patriot Holdings CEO) and Marty Grizzanti.
Jeremiah Boucher built a $350 Million portfolio of commercial assets (self-storage facilities, mobile home parks, industrial assets) from zero, through constant improvement, investing ahead of the curve, and hard work & execution.
In this episode:
- Asset allocation in a portfolio is important for personal goals and how aggressively one wants to grow or create cash flow in their life.
- Portfolio management involves deciding whether to shift allocations, such as going more into cash or real estate assets.
- It's essential to review all assets and analyze trailing 12-month profit and loss performance to identify trends and be aware of tight consumer spending.
- Real estate investments come with leverage and debt, so it's necessary to ensure the assets can cover the debt and are in a good position to stabilize.
- Tax strategy is a crucial part of defense when it comes to real estate investing and maximizing returns.
- Avoid working with people who have no aligned interest in the investment and have no liability.
- The retail investor is typically the loser in the stock market, and real estate is a long-standing form of investment that can make someone a self-made millionaire.
- Jeremiah and Marty shares their personal experience of losing money in speculative investments such as crypto and oil and gas.
- Continuous learning: The importance of being educated and continuously learning, rather than giving up or being overwhelmed by complex information. They are excited to learn about the acquisition part of their business, and believe that it's important to be knowledgeable about personal finance.
- Surround yourself with the right team
- Real estate can be a powerful investment: The potential benefits of investing in real estate, especially for families where one partner may not be working full-time. They suggest that with the right asset management, families can offset losses from real estate and create a powerhouse investment portfolio.
- Passive losses and depreciation: The advantages of passive losses and depreciation in real estate investing. They explain that it's possible to generate losses through real estate activity, which can offset profits from other sources, creating significant tax benefits.
- Confidence eliminates fear: That having a broad understanding of macro-level goals and reference points can help eliminate fear in investment decisions. They suggest that having confidence in your investments can lead to more success.
It doesn't matter where you are now, you can do more, and you can do better. Success in Real Estate starts with drive and determination - to find great deals, get the right investors or investments, and close on the best projects.
Are you interested in investing in Commercial Real Estate?
Learn more at www.patriotholdings.com